2015

2015

12/30/2009

Chapter 4: New Beginnings


I once read that the reason babies are so precious is because their sweetness makes you forget about the sacrifice. It must be true, because I’ve never seen anyone so gladly give up sleep and put up with screaming than a new mom. But visiting my new nephew, Miles, this fall, made me just a tiny bit nervous. Having just one child was an adjustment… but how would we handle one baby AND a toddler?

We hadn’t officially decided to get pregnant this summer, but we were ecstatic nonetheless. As a teacher, spring babies are the best because you can squeeze maternity leave together with summer vacation. So with a due date of April 23rd, I’ll be able to skip the 8th graders-going-on-seniors drama and enjoy some time off.

Now if we can just teach Eloise to be completely potty-trained, articulate, and self-sufficient, then having another baby should be a breeze! At least, that’s our plan.

1 comment:

  1. I love your raw honesty! It is a charateristic that you and Chris hold that Bryce and I admire and appreciate! Love the blog- the 21st century welcomes you:)

    Haley

    ReplyDelete