I hate cold weather. No amount of “layering” can make-up for the numbing chill that’s impossible to shake. So as I snuggled under the covers one icy night last January, I silently thanked God for a house with a strong heater. Eight hours later, I was not-so-silently cursing this same heater. It was dead. I was done. Chris spent the whole day tinkering on it. I thawed out at school, and Cindy took the kids to her house.
Since our refrigerated house was no place to stay, we decided to pile in with Cindy. I use “pile” in the most conservative way because we were literally on top of each other. Three adults, two kids, and two small horses dogs in 860 sq. feet of furniture. Suddenly the cold weather didn’t seem so bad.
People say that God must have a sense of humor, and after that week, I agree. We ended up staying with Cindy for three days until a friend fixed our heater. School was cancelled because of the weather, and Duke got his first taste of snow.
Was it cold and uncomfortable? Yes. But I wouldn’t have traded it for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment