One of the best pieces of advice I got growing up was from my dad. It was during those awkward teenage (mutant) years that he said, “Don’t worry what others think of you.” I took it to heart and never looked back.
Duke, however, was born with this mantra. He exudes confidence and charisma, with a personality as big as his hair. So, for his 2nd birthday, we tossed out the pre-packaged toddler-themed parties and decided to go Disco. I figured what other toddler likes Disco music AND has a Soul Glo fro? Everyone was instructed to dress accordingly (although I’m still trying to figure out how high-water pants counts as costume, Dad), and we handed out moustaches and glow sticks.
Everything was imperfectly perfect. Who cares if we obviously-can’t-dance and I didn’t make enough cupcakes. I don’t know if I laughed more during the party or afterwards looking at the pictures. But I do know that my family is not normal. And I wouldn’t want it any other way.
12/29/2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment